4.21.2011

Brussels Sprouts Aux Deliciousness

My stepdad is very PFFFFT towards brussels sprouts, in that he will not eat them.  He is coming up to visit me in another few weeks, and I am tempted to feed him this recipe blind-folded and see what he thinks.  Childhood vegetable hatreds be damned!

Date and Garlic Brussels Sprouts
1 lb brussels sprouts, de-stumped and halved
1/2 c. dates, chopped (I just buy the pre-chopped ones; save yourself the trouble!)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

.5) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
1) Cut up those sprouts.  It's super easy.  And if any leaves fall off--INCLUDE THOSE.  They are the best part!  They get brown and crispy and awesome!
2)  Mince that garlic.
3)  Add sprouts, garlic, dates (here I am assuming you bought pre-chopped dates; if you didn't, insert step 2.5 and chop up your own dates, silly), olive oil, and salt and pepper into a bowl big enough to allow you to toss things around.  Stir them up!  Mix them well!
4)  Spread evenly on a cookie sheet.  A jelly roll sheet works best, but I've been living with cookie pans for years and nothing bad has happened (yet).
5)  Bake for 5 minutes.  Flip.
6)  Bake for another 6 minutes.
7)  Allow to cool, ever so slightly, and then devour with your mouthhole.

These are addictive, and don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment